Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Competition: Chef Mel's Competition Finalists

Hi everyone. I would just like to say how pleased I am with the number of fantastic entries I have received for my recipe competition, and also I would really like to state how high quality and professional the majority of the recipes looked- certainly of chef quality, with precisely written and easy to follow recipes too. Here are my favourites that I'd love to show you, I have cooked these all myself now (well, I had to use chicken instead of squirrel in Denese's recipe, sorry!!) , and out of these entries I will be picking a winner tomorrow:

Burbuqe Thaci's Stuffed Saffron Chicken and Corn

Denese Smith's Squirrel Confit 

Denese Smith's Eggplant Lasagne

Eva Vida's Hungarian Savoy Cabbage Bake

Shauna Havey's Tomate Farcies (French stuffed tomatoes)

Amber Saleem's Spiced Stuffed Buns

Linda Doyle's Carrot and Walnut Cake

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Chef Mel for picking my Tomates Farcies as a finalist in your contest. It is certainly a compliment coming from you. I continue to enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome Shauna- due to the popularity of this contest, i'm sure i will be running more recipe competitions in the future, so keep your eyes peeled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mel, I cannot remember how I missed thanking you for choosing my two recipes as finalists in your contest. Thank you so much and I am truly flattered that I was even considered. Your affirmation makes me feel like I am on the right track! Have a super awesome day!! Love your recipes by the way.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Denese- you are more than welcome, and you are MORE than definitely on the right track, i regularly cook your eggplant lasagne recipe at home i absolutely LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete