Friday, November 29, 2013

Recipe: Sausage and Sweet Potato One Pan Dinner

Oh my god I am going to cook this again, and again, and AGAIN!! Really yummy, cheap, easy to make, and can all be made in one roasting pan- I do love it when a delicious recipe requires little effort, and even better, little washing up. Whenever I make a roast, I always make sure I make a LOT of gravy, as in my opinion the best part of a roast IS the gravy (many would argue it would be the meat, but it doesn't matter how sexy your roast chicken is, if it isn't paired with a lovely sauce, get outta here!). So I often have leftover gravy, which is how I came up with the idea for the dish. You could make your own gravy for this dish, or you could even buy ready-made onion gravy- most of the supermarkets sell it.

Sausage and Sweet Potato One Pan Dinner (serves 2)
 
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
5 plump pork sausages, pricked
2 sweet potatoes (about 600g), peeled and diced
½ tsp smoked paprika
320g green beans (frozen)
400g onion gravy (homemade or ready made!)
Salt and pepper to taste.

1. Preheat the oven to 200C. Put the olive oil, sausages, sweet potato, smoked paprika and some salt and pepper in a roasting pan. Shake about a bit to coat the ingredients in the oil and paprika, and put in the oven for 30 minutes.
2. Add the green beans and gravy, stir ingredients around a bit, and put back in the oven for 6 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment