Spicy Chicken Satay Noodles (serves 2)
1 x 700g pack Sainsburys Just Cook Sweet Chilli Chicken Thighs
2 stacks medium egg noodles
2 tbsp olive oil (plus a little extra for noodles)
1 carrot, julienned
100g spring greens, sliced
1 tsp minced ginger
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp Thai 7 spice
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
Few drops toasted sesame oil
2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200C. Put the chicken thighs and the lager in a baking dish, and bake in the oven for 50 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool a little. Remove the thighs from the baking dish, reserving the cooking juices.
2. Remove the skin from the thighs and discard, pick the meat off the bones, and set aside. Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions, drain, mix with a little oil (to avoid sticking later) and set aside
3. Mix together the reserved chicken juices (draining any fat away if necessary), soy sauce, sesame oil and crunchy peanut butter. Set aside.
4. Put the oil in a wok and put it on high heat. Fry the carrots, ginger, garlic and spring greens in the oil for 3 minutes. Add the chicken and fry for a further two minutes. Add the noodles and sauce, and stir fry for 1-2 minutes, or until everything is hot and well combined.
5. Season to taste and serve!