Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Published: Take a Break My Favourite Recipes Magazine


Hey guys. You know i mentioned a couple of months back about the fact that i might be published in this magazine?? Well, i have been, twice now infact, and have now become a regular contributor! Well, i have at least been published in the past two issues, and know for a fact that i will be published in at least the next two issues, so that all sounds very positive to me. This is a national magazine as well so this is very good news.

Take a Break's My Favourite Recipe magazine is a little recipe magazine, that uses only readers recipes- no professional chefs. Also, for every recipe you get published, you are paid £25, and every "cook's tip" you get published, you are paid £5. I have got my Black bean chilli, Red onion, goats cheese and red pepper tart (they named it "Cheesy Tart"- lol) and my Chickpea and Mushroom rissoles published so far, as well as one of my cook's tips. I also won a £50 prize from them early on when i joined their facebook page, and also have a cookbook on the way as well! It works out as £130 + a cookbook so far, not bad earnings ey??? Plus every issue, if you are published you get the chance to win £500 as well, but i'll never win that one though because it's one of those voting things- its not about how nice your recipe is, just how many of your mates can be bothered to vote for you.

I'll be giving you a shout once i've had a few more recipes published in this mag- this is brilliant publicity for me as a food writer!

2 comments:

  1. Hi I bought a take a break magazine in February with a recipe for beef in black bean sauce but seems like iv thrown it, can you help me pls

    ReplyDelete
  2. My many recipes have been published in this little magazine and I also won £500 for one of my recipes. I want to publish a cookery book, what I need to do? Can I a get any support from Take a Break magazine?

    ReplyDelete