Monday, December 13, 2010

Recipe: Chicken and Black Bean Stew


The first time I cooked this me and my boyfriend went back for thirds, it is so damn tasty! You can see how much I like it by the size of the portion i've given myself! Jeez, sometimes I really don't realise how much i'm eating! This time I served it with some steamed broccoli and cauliflower, and some roasted new potatoes. The potatoes were lush! I just roasted allready cooked new potatoes with some butter, olive oil, paprika, ground coriander, sugar and plenty salt and pepper. They were lush!

Chicken and black bean stew (serves 4) £1.65 per person, with 160g cooked new potatoes and 80g cooked broccoli per person on the side.

Ingredients
2 tbsp olive oil
1 white onion, chopped
2 chicken breasts, chopped into large chunks
1 clove garlic
1 celery stick, sliced
1 carrot, sliced
120ml red wine
500ml stock (1 chicken Oxo, 1 veg Oxo)
2 bay leaves
½ tsp oregano
½ tsp mint
½ tsp thyme
1 tsp corn flour, mixed with a little water
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tin black beans, drained
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped

1. Sautee onion and garlic in the oil for 5 minutes. Add chicken and cook for another 5 minutes
2. Add all other ingredients except the fresh herbs and flour, cook for 25 minutes.
3. Add the flour and cook for a further 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. In the last 10 minutes increase heat and add the fresh herbs. Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment