Sunday, September 19, 2010

Recipe: Butterbean and Tomato Salad


Fancied a nice simple but healthy saturday lunch for me and my parents. Had a load of homegrown tomatoes to use, so I decided to use some of them up with this. I Slow roasted the rest of them with fresh thyme, to be part of a lovely special cooked breakfast I made for my boyfriend's birthday this morning. I always think it's a nice touch to cook up breakfast for your partner on a special day. It's a lovely way to start the day. Anyway, used up some more of those purple spring onions, they are so scrumptious! I used some butterbeans that I had soaked and cooked from dry- which I think works better with this recipe because the canned ones tend to disentegrate easier. But if you want to use canned, i would say use about a tin and a half of butterbeans, drained and thoroughly washed.

Butterbean and Tomato Salad (serves 4 as a side dish) 72p per portion

350g drained cooked butterbeans (cold)
250g ripe tomatoes, chopped
Handful parsley, finely chopped
2 spring onions (preferably purple!)
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste

1. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together, season to taste and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment