Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Recipe: Creamy Courgette and Chive Dip


So it was a lovely nice summer afternoon (probably one of the last ones this year, so I wanted to make the most of it!) and me and my parents were sat out on the patio, drinking coffee and having lunch. We were having some hummus and pitta breads, and I thought I wouldn’t mind making a nice cool tzatziki-ish thing. Didn't have any cucumber, only some courgettes I’d picked the day before. I heard you can eat courgette raw and you can bake them in cakes as well so I thought I’d make it with courgette and some chives from the garden. We always have plenty of Philadelphia in the house cause im addicted to the stuff, cause it's nice with anything. This dip is delicious, refreshing and it's fairly good for you. Serve with vegetable crudités (radishes, cucumber, and carrots go really well).

Creamy courgette and chive dip (serves 4 as an appetiser) costs £1.81 to make. 72p per person with cucumber and radishes to dip.

200g (1 medium) courgette, grated very finely
350g Full fat cream cheese
50ml semi-skimmed milk
15g chives, finely chopped
½ tsp Schwartz Cajun spice blend (a mix consisting mainly of chilli powder + cumin)
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl until everything is very well mixed. Season to taste. Allow to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment