Thursday, July 8, 2010

Recipe: Cheddar and Chive Quiche


This is one of my mum's popular recipes, and she used to make it a lot when I was little. Nowadays im "a little funny" with eggs (the word is probably intollerant I expect!) so I don't eat quiche anymore, but trust me, this is delicious. It is also a very firm quiche, so it is very good to bring cold to a picnic as well. Tonight I made this for my parents and they had spinach and red onion salad, and spiced new potatoes on the side. This recipe also won me £250 of BlinkCollective vouchers!! Not sure what i'll spend it on yet!!!

Cheddar and Chive Quiche (serves 4) 90p per portion, £1.15 with side salad.

4 eggs
140ml semi-skimmed milk
210g grated cheddar
1 tbsp chopped chives
Plenty of salt and cracked black pepper
1 circular sheet ready rolled short crust pastry
Little bit of oil to grease

1. Heat the oven to 190C. In a bowl mix together the eggs, milk, cheddar, chives and seasoning.
2. Lightly grease a 9 inch flan dish, and put the pastry on it. Pour the egg mixture into the dish and place in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until the top has risen slightly and turned fairly golden.
3. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes (it is best served warm).

2 comments:

  1. keep your vegaterian(ovo lacto is ok by me!) recipes coming Mel, they're great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly shall Margaret, thanks very much!

    ReplyDelete