Thursday, June 3, 2010

Charity: Alternative Fashion Show

Hey guys, I know this isn't anything about food but I thought I would put it up, because I am very proud of it. It's not often (or infact ever!) that I get the chance to make some money for charity. I could never run a marathon or anything- I can barely run 3k!! If y'all want to make it about food, i didnt eat ALL DAY because one of the outfits showed my stomach!! No wonder all these models are so thin, even normal people like me wouldn't want to eat much if they had to do something like this- but they do it every day! However, unlike Kate Moss and Agyness Deyn, I went for a massive curry afterwards- Haha!!

I took part in an Alternative Fashion Show on Tuesday, for CLIC Sargent (children's cancer charity) as part of the Bath Fringe Festival. The event raised £350 and I am very proud that I took part in this, as over the years I have usually been very sensitive about my body image. These are a few photos my mum took- hopefully in a few days I will be getting hold of some professional photographs.

I got my hair and makeup done professionally, here you can see that my hair has been curled, and my eyebrows have been dyed pink!!! (meh, need to get an American teeth whitening though!!) The pink make up on the eyes and the lipstick is very nice as well.

Heres me going down the catwalk, you'll notice in both photos my facial expression is a bit weird. It was because this is the first time i've ever done something like this, and so I thought i'd try and do a sorta "modelly" look, try and have "smoky eyes" but my mum thought I looked a little drowsy!! Never mind eh?

This is such an amazing picture, it doesnt look like me!!! I look so tall and slim! I've always been very uncomfortable about my weight but seeing this picture makes me think that I actually have a nice figure. Very nice dress too, from a collection from Brazil, called RioChic, check out the website, they have some really nice exclusive stuff. That yellow dress is mine though lol!:

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Mel!

    You look gorgeous!

    Well done for putting yourself out there!

    Watch out for the paps!

    Cheers, Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You look great, Mel. Respect!
    Best, Tatihou

    ReplyDelete